October 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Students will use pattern blocks to make a picture with a specified number of each shape. And, educators are able to enhance and expand teaching possibilities by simply adding these colorful manipulatives to the lesson plan. Fraction Shapes – Teachers' Notes A Pattern-Block Activity. The links are mislabeled so click bears to get pattern blocks. Print a worksheet that includes examples of pattern blocks and geometric shapes. Students will use pattern blocks to identify and label shapes. Activities for each of the 3 grade levels for: Geometric Uses pattern & attribute blocks, geoboards.
Pattern Block Lesson
- Online geometry lesson helps early elementary students explore composing and decomposing 2D shapes.
- Pattern blocks are plastic or wooden blocks that come in a variety of colors and shapes.
- Activities for making tessellations using activity pattern blocks including step-by-step instructions for classroom activities.
- Continue using the correct pattern block names as the children are involved in the activities and games and they will soon start using pattern block vocabulary.
- Through this lesson students will understand that fractions are part of a whole.
- Pattern blocks are wonderful way to help children learn shape recognition and how shapes fit together.
More information about Pattern Block Lesson on the site: http://www.bobsedulinks.com