February 23, 2011 at 10:29 am
Today, paper filigree is experiencing a revival and some beautiful modern designs are being created. Quilling, also known as paper filigree, is the art of curling paper into special designs. Peach Filigree Pattern Browse and download 125 seamless pattern textures in PNG format. Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. Unleash your imagination when it comes to selecting Victorian Christmas ornaments to go with your holiday theme. She teaches, designs projects for books and magazines, and is especially hooked on making paper filigree jewelry. Quilling, or paper filigree, is the art of creating patterns and pictures from very thin strips of paper.
Paper Filigree Patterns
- Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs.
- Because paper does not age very well and can be destroyed when it gets wet, there are not very many surviving examples of filigree designs from paper.
- Paper Quilling also known as Paper Filigree is the craft of coiling strips of paper and glueing to make simple or intricate shapes and designs.
- Large quilled patterns are usually works of art that can be framed for show and that is only one small part of the way that paper filigree is used.
- Quilling paper filigree patterns, can be an important detail to any project.
- Many sites online offer a wide variety to choose from.
More information about Paper Filigree Patterns on the site: http://3.bp.blogspot.com