September 30, 2010 at 5:02 pm
His sketches drew inspiration from geometric patterns created by how the recognizable figures were derived from the geometric pattern. To save you the trouble of carving wooden blocks, I have created an interactive application for exploring the patterns of Escher's ribbon tiles. htm
Mc Escher Patterns
- Dodecahedron Clown Pattern; Video Lessons; Send us your art; Good enough to show here? M C Escher Gallery 1 Click on the small samples to see larger versions.
- Colour in the tiles below to create a repeating pattern that tessellates.
- Goals: Explore formal and psychological themes in MC Eschers work.
- Experiment with designing a planar tesselation using a recognizable image.
- Is the Escher circle limit print more like a wallpaper pattern or is it more like a Penrose tile? Why? I want to hear mathematical and artistic reasons.
- William Chow likes Escher-like patterns of interlocking figure and really really long web page titles.
More information about Mc Escher Patterns on the site: http://images.art.com