November 17, 2009 at 5:49 pm
This sideways rib cowl/hood is so fashionable! I love the look of it and am looking forward trying my had at making one. Thanks for sharing the pattern. Wear this convertible piece around the neck as a chunky collar or pull it up over the head like a hoodвЂ”either way, it keeps you wonderfully warm in style. This free crochet pattern is great for beginners! The cowl can be worn as a scarf or a hood, and can be made with any bulky yarn. Bernat provides knitters and crocheters with high quality yarns and creative patterns. Choose from hundreds of our free knitting patterns and free crochet patterns. This cowl features ribbed columns and large horseshoe cables. Comfy and warm cowls suggestion in the yarn calculator below.
Cowl Hood Pattern
- Crochet Pattern: Cowl Start by chaining 35 or as long as you want your my shoulders and possibly tall enough to be used as a hood also.
- Turn this design into a wimple (a cowl and hood combo) by crocheting the extra large size and continuing the pattern for extra length.
- Choose from hundreds of our free knitting patterns and free crochet patterns.
- Warm and cozy hooded cowl to crochet in Bernat Alpaca.
- If you are a knitter and you want to make your own cowl hood and save a bit of cash, get this pattern and do it yourself.
- View details for the project Gray Cowl-Hood T-shirt on BurdaStyle.
More information about Cowl Hood Pattern on the site: http://www.planetpurl.com