October 14, 2012 at 6:58 am
Each mask is created according to a traditional style, and worn by a trained performer. This African masks has two tribesmen facing each other with traditional patterns on the face. The mask plays a very important role in traditional African art and life, particularly spiritual life. The number one site for African culture: african design, african fonts, african masks, african patterns, african photography, african poetry and african storytelling. African masks are an integral part of African tradition and ritual. African Lion Mask Button created by RankinOriginals. This design is available on many different sizes and shapes of buttons.
African Mask Patterns
- Among the Ubi (Ivory Coast), the colorful patterns applied to the face of young to those of the other masks of the region in questions.
- The mask plays a very important role in traditional African art and life, particularly spiritual life.
- The spirits embodied in the masks bless the families that own the mask and dance it in public.
- African masks are unique to each tribe and their shape and accessories have special The wings of both are carved with geometric patterns to represent moral principles.
- com Traditional African Art Patterns, Masks, Paintings & Work.
- As stated earlier, African masks are symmetric in shape and the patterns/designs presented on them should also be symmetric.
More information about African Mask Patterns on the site: http://www.mymegaweb.com